Babycakes Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Caramel Pecan Topping
Makes 16 to 18 cheesecakes
Pumpkin, spices and pecans make a winning combination. In fact, with this much flavor, you’ll want to make these often! And, you can, with 175 Best Babycakes Cupcake Maker Recipes!
Graham wafer crumbs can be purchased ready-made, but if you can’t find them, you’ll need about two
43⁄4- by 21⁄4-inch (11.5 by 5.5 cm) wafers to make 1⁄2 cup (125 mL).
Toasting pecans intensifies their flavor. Spread chopped pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool, then measure.
1⁄2 cup graham wafer crumbs (see tip) 125 mL
1 tbsp granulated sugar 15 mL
1⁄4 tsp ground cinnamon 1 mL
2 tbsp butter, melted 30 mL
8 oz cream cheese, softened 250 g
1⁄4 cup granulated sugar 60 mL
2 tbsp packed brown sugar 30 mL
1 egg, at room temperature
1⁄3 cup canned pumpkin purée (not pie filling) 75 mL
1 tbsp all-purpose flour 15 mL
1⁄4 tsp ground cinnamon 1 mL
1 tbsp heavy or whipping (35%) cream 15 mL
1 tbsp butter 15 mL
1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar 60 mL
2 tbsp heavy or whipping (35%) cream 30 mL
1⁄3 cup chopped pecans, toasted (see tip) 75 mL
1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract 2 mL
1. Crusts: In a small bowl, combine graham wafer crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Stir in butter.
2. Place a paper liner in each well. Spoon about 11⁄2 tsp (7 mL) crumb mixture into the bottom of each liner. Use the pie forming tool to tap crust into liner.
3. Filling: In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese for 1 minute or until fluffy. Beat in granulated sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Reduce mixer speed to low and beat in egg and pumpkin until just combined. Beat in flour, cinnamon and cream just until smooth (do not overbeat).
4. Spoon about 11⁄2 tbsp (22 mL) filling over crust in each liner. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until filling is puffed at the edges and softly set at the center. Using a small offset spatula, carefully transfer cheesecakes to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with the remaining crusts and filling. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, until chilled and set.
5. Topping: Place butter in a small microwave-safe glass bowl. Microwave on High for 30 to 40 seconds or until melted. Stir in brown sugar and microwave on High for 30 seconds. Stir well. Microwave in 10-second intervals, stirring after each, until sugar is dissolved and mixture is bubbling. Stir in cream until well blended. Microwave on High in 10-second intervals until mixture is bubbling. Stir until smooth. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Let cool for 3 minutes, then spoon topping over each cheesecake. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 5 days.
You'll need the Babycakes Cupcake Maker Appliance to make this recipe. This revolutionary appliance can be found in stores throughout both Canada and the US!
Other topics you may be interested in: