Bernardin Complete Book of Home Preserving
From the experts, the definitive book on home preserving.
Bernardin Home Canning Products are the gold standard in home preserving supplies, the trademark jars on display in stores every summer from coast to coast. Now the experts at Bernardin have written a book destined to become the Bernardin "bible" of home preserving. As nutrition and food quality have become more important, home canning and preserving has increased in popularity for the benefits it offers:
- Cooks gain control of the ingredients, including organic fruits and vegetables.
- Preserving foods at their freshest point locks in nutrition.
- The final product is free of chemical additives and preservatives.
- Store-bought brands cannot match the wonderful flavor of homemade.
- Only a few hours are needed to put up a batch of jam or relish.
- Home preserves make a great personal gift any time of year.
The 400 innovative and enticing recipes include everything from salsas and savory sauces to pickles, chutneys, relishes and, of course, jams, jellies and fruit spreads. You'll find such treats as:
- Mango-Raspberry Jam
- Crabapple Jelly
- Green Pepper Jelly
- Pickled Asparagus
- Roasted Red Pepper Spread
- Tomatillo Salsa
- Brandied Apple Rings
- Apricot-Date Chutney
The book includes comprehensive directions on safe canning and preserving methods, plus lists of required equipment and utensils. Specific instructions for first-timers and handy tips for the experienced make the Complete Book of Home Preserving a valuable addition to any kitchen library.