The Best Diabetes Slow Cooker Recipes
Delicious slow cooker recipes combined with all-important Exchange Lists for Meal PlanningÂ©
Managing diabetes is made easier by taking full advantage of the benefits of the slow cooker method of food preparation. The Best Diabetes Slow Cooker Recipes offers the superb combination of healthful eating, appetizing meals, and the convenience of slow cooker preparation.
The all-important Exchange Lists for Meal PlanningÂ© accompanies each recipe. All recipes have been carefully chosen and adapted from Judith Finlayson's best-selling slow cooker cookbooks.
The following recipes provide a sampling of those that can be enjoyed by the whole family:
- Turkey and corn chowder with barley; two-bean soup with pistou
- Chicken with leeks in walnut sauce; Thai-style coconut fish curry; turkey in cranberry leek sauce;
- Veal goulash; ribs with hominy and kale; Mediterranean beef ragout
- Vegan- and vegetarian-friendly recipes like barley and wild rice pilaf; celery root and mushroom lasagna; creamy polenta with corn and chilies;
- Special dessert treats like pumpkin rice pudding; gingery rice pudding; gingery pears poached in green tea; and the ultimate baked apples.
These and other outstanding recipes, combined with valuable advice and nutrition guidelines, make The Best Diabetes Slow Cooker Recipes an invaluable handbook for managing diabetes.