The PCOS Health & Nutrition Guide
Comprehensive and current information on a disorder that affects 5% to 10% of all women of reproductive age.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a complex hormonal disorder that is characterized by a variety of symptoms, such as ovarian cysts, menstrual cycle irregularities and infertility. It is one of the most common hormonal disorders in women, yet many women are not even aware that they have PCOS, which can lead to serious complications such as chronic obesity, heart disease, diabetes, thyroid disorder and ovarian cancer.
PCOS needs to be better understood by all women, and this book provides the information women need to know about the cause and process of PCOS. In addition, it lays out a plan to prevent this condition and treat it effectively. Chief among these treatments are dietary therapy, nutritional supplements and medicinal herbs.
PCOS is a challenging condition, but armed with the information in this book, women and their families can better manage and potentially overcome the disease.
Topics covered in this book include:
Part 1 — PCOS Overview
• Symptoms, physiology and biochemistry of PCOS
• PCOS and associated conditions, such as infertility, obesity, thyroid function and hormonal regulation
Part 2 — Therapy for PCOS
• Overview of approaches that reduce glycemic index and carbohydrate load
• Key herbs for balancing blood sugar and blood fat, regulating the menses, enhancing fertility, supporting thyroid function, managing stress and supporting adrenal function
Part 3 — 125 Recipes and Weekly Meal Plans
• Soups, salads, main dishes, healthy desserts and more!