Chocolate Pudding Cake
|2⁄3 cup||granulated sugar||150 mL|
|3 tbsp||unsweetened cocoa powder||45 mL|
|11⁄2 cups||water||375 mL|
|1⁄4 cup||butter||50 mL|
|1⁄2 cup||milk||125 mL|
|1 tsp||vanilla||5 mL|
|1 cup||all-purpose flour||250 mL|
|1⁄2 cup||granulated sugar||125 mL|
|1⁄4 cup||unsweetened cocoa powder||50 mL|
|2 tsp||baking powder||10 mL|
|Ice cream (optional)|
- 8-inch (2 L) square baking dish
- Chocolate Sauce: In baking dish, combine sugar, cocoa powder and water. Stir until smooth. Microwave, uncovered, on High for 21⁄2 to 4 minutes, stirring once, until sauce is very hot. Stir well.
- Batter: In a glass mixing bowl, microwave butter, uncovered, on High for 40 to 60 seconds or until melted. Beat in milk, egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture just until combined. Batter will be quite thick.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter as evenly as possible into chocolate sauce in baking dish (do not stir together). Place an inverted dinner plate in bottom of microwave and set dish on plate. Microwave, uncovered, on Medium (50%) for 7 to 10 minutes, until top of cake has risen and only few moist spots remain.
- Let dish stand directly on heatproof surface for 10 minutes before serving (see Micro-Tips, 177). Spoon warm dessert into dishes along with some of the sauce and serve with ice cream, if desired.