Delicata Squash with Quinoa Stuffing
Ingredients Makes 4 servings
|2||delicata squash (each about 1 lb/500 g), halved lengthwise and seeded||2|
|Nonstick cooking spray (preferably olive oil)|
|1 tsp||fine sea salt, divided||5 mL|
|1 cup||black, red or white quinoa, rinsed||250 mL|
|2 cups||ready-to-use reduced-sodium vegetable broth (GF, if needed)||500 mL|
|1⁄3 cup||dried cranberries, chopped||75 mL|
|1⁄4 tsp||freshly cracked black pepper||1 mL|
|1 tbsp||white wine vinegar||15 mL|
|2 tsp||liquid honey or agave nectar||10 mL|
|2 cups||packed arugula, roughly chopped||500 mL|
|1⁄2 cup||packed fresh mint leaves, chopped||125 mL|
|1⁄3 cup||chopped toasted hazelnuts or almonds||75 mL|
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Large rimmed baking sheet
- Lightly spray cut sides of squash with cooking spray. Sprinkle with half the salt. Place cut side down on baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine quinoa and broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cranberries, cover and simmer for 2 to 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining salt, pepper, vinegar and honey. Add quinoa mixture, arugula, mint and hazelnuts, gently tossing to combine.
- Fill squash cavities with quinoa mixture.