Grilled Chicken and Roasted Veggie Tacos
Ingredients Makes 8 tacos
|11⁄2 lbs||boneless skinless chicken breasts||750 g|
|4 tbsp||olive oil||60 mL|
|1||Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper||1|
|1||zucchini, cut in half lengthwise||1|
|1||yellow summer (zucchini) squash, cut in half lengthwise||1|
|1||onion, cut into 1⁄4-inch (0.5 cm) rings||1|
|1||red bell pepper, cored and cut in half||1|
|3||thick asparagus spears, trimmed||3|
|Juice of 1 lemon|
|2 tbsp||minced fresh basil||30 mL|
|8||6-inch (15 cm) corn tortillas, skillet-warmed||8|
|1 cup||shredded Mozzarella cheese||250 mL|
- Preheat greased barbecue grill to medium-high Preheat oven to 200°F (100°C) Ovenproof dish Vegetable grate or heavy-duty foil
- Coat chicken with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill chicken, turning once, until no longer pink inside, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and let chicken stand for 6 to 8 minutes. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Transfer to ovenproof dish and keep warm in preheated oven.
- Coat zucchini, squash, onion, bell pepper and asparagus with remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) of oil. Place vegetables in vegetable grate or on foil on grill. Grill, turning once, until vegetables are tender-crisp, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken and vegetables and toss with lemon juice and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To build tacos, divide chicken mixture equally among tortillas. Top with cheese. Fold tortillas in half.