Grilled Egg, Cheese and Bacon Biscuit
Ingredients Makes 4
|4||large eggs, lightly beaten||4|
|1 tbsp||skim milk||15 mL|
|1⁄4 tsp||salt||1 mL|
|1⁄4 tsp||freshly ground black pepper||1 mL|
|6 tbsp||butter, divided||90 mL|
|4||slices bacon, cooked and halved||4|
|1⁄4 cup||shredded Cheddar cheese||60 mL|
- Panini grill or large skillet
- Preheat panini grill to medium, if using
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture and cook, stirring, until scrambled. Set aside egg mixture and wipe skillet clean.
- Spread remaining butter equally over biscuit tops. Place on a work surface, buttered side down. Top 4 halves equally with scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese and remaining biscuit half. Place biscuits, buttered side down, on preheated panini grill or in a skillet over medium heat and cook, turning once if using a skillet, for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until browned and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.