Ingredients Makes 6 mini-loaves
|3 cups||mashed ripe banana (about 7 large)||750 mL|
|1⁄2 cup||lemon juice||125 mL|
|2⁄3 cup||butter, softened||150 mL|
|1 cup||granulated sugar||250 mL|
|1 tsp||vanilla||5 mL|
|33⁄4 cups||Robin Hood All-Purpose Flour (or other brand-name flour)||925 mL|
|2 tsp||baking soda||10 mL|
|11⁄2 tsp||baking powder||7 mL|
|1 tsp||salt||5 mL|
|3⁄4 tsp||ground nutmeg||3 mL|
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Six 53⁄4- by 31⁄4-inch (500 mL) mini-loaf pans, greased
- Combine mashed banana and lemon juice in a bowl; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating lightly after each addition. Add banana mixture and vanilla. Stir well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Stir into banana mixture gradually, mixing until smooth. Spread in prepared pans, dividing evenly.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes in pans, then turn out onto rack and cool completely.