Molten Chocolate Cakes
Ingredients Makes 2 servings
|1⁄3 cup||bittersweet (dark) or semisweet chocolate chips||75 mL|
|1⁄4 cup||unsalted butter, cut into small pieces||60 mL|
|3 tbsp||granulated sugar||45 mL|
|1⁄2 tsp||instant espresso powder||2 mL|
|1⁄4 tsp||salt||1 mL|
|1⁄2 tsp||vanilla extract||2 mL|
|1||large egg yolk||1|
|2 tbsp||all-purpose flour||30 mL|
|1 tbsp||confectioners’ (icing) sugar||15 mL|
- Preheat air fryer to 390°F (200°C)
- Two 3⁄4-cup (175 mL) ramekins, liberally sprayed with nonstick cooking spray
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and butter. Microwave on High for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave for 30 seconds longer. Vigorously stir for 30 seconds or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in granulated sugar, espresso powder, salt and vanilla. Let cool for 2 minutes.
- Stir in egg and egg yolk until blended. Sprinkle flour over batter and stir until completely blended.
- Divide batter equally between prepared ramekins.
- Place ramekins in air fryer basket, spacing them evenly. Air-fry for 8 to 13 minutes or until surface of cakes appears dry but a tester inserted in the center comes out with wet batter attached. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 3 minutes.
- Run a knife around edges of ramekins and invert onto individual dessert plates. Sift with confectioners’ sugar and serve with any of the suggested accompaniments, as desired.