Ingredients Makes 12 cupcakes
|11⁄2 cups||all-purpose flour||375 mL|
|3⁄4 tsp||ground cinnamon||5 mL|
|3⁄4 tsp||baking powder||3 mL|
|3⁄4 tsp||baking soda||3 mL|
|1⁄2 tsp||ground allspice||2 mL|
|1⁄4 tsp||salt||1 mL|
|11⁄2 cups||granulated sugar||375 mL|
|1⁄2 cup||canola oil||125 mL|
|1 cup||canned pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)||250 mL|
|2 tbsp||cream sherry||30 mL|
|Frosting of your choice (ie: caramel, cream cheese, buttercream)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Muffin pan, lined with paper liners
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, nutmeg and_salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil and eggs until smooth. Add pumpkin and sherry, beating well. Add flour mixture, beating until smooth.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 22 to 27 minutes or until tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack. Top cooled cupcakes with frosting.