Ingredients Makes 1 centerpiece
|Pink and white candy melts|
|20 to 24||Princess Cake Pops||20 to 24|
|White sugar pearls|
|12||cake pop sticks||12|
|1||pastry bag or squeeze bottle, fitted with a fine tip||1|
|Strong craft glue, suitable for glass|
|2||glass candlesticks (about 4 inches/10 cm tall)||2|
|1||china dinner plate||1|
|1||china soup bowl or salad plate||1|
|1||china sugar bowl or cup||1|
|Light green tulle|
|Styrofoam block (at least 3 inches/7.5 cm cubed)|
|12 feet||green ribbon (1⁄8 to 1⁄4 inch/3 to 5 mm wide)||360 cm|
- Melt 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) pink candy melts and use to attach sticks to 6 cake pops. Freeze cake pops for at least 15 minutes to set. Reserve the remaining candy melts. Repeat with white candy melts, attaching sticks to 6 cake pops (8 to 12 cake pops will not have sticks).
- Add 1 cup (250 mL) pink candy melts to those left in the cup and melt until smooth. Coat the cake pops secured with pink candy melts. Set in a cake pop stand to dry. Using the fork tool, dip half of the cake pops without sticks and place them on a wire rack set over a sheet of foil or waxed paper to dry.
- Add 1 cup (250 mL) white candy melts to those left in the cup and melt until smooth. Coat the cake pops secured with white candy melts and immediately sprinkle with sugar pearls. Set in the stand to dry. Using the fork took, dip the remaining cake pops without sticks and place them on the rack to dry.
- Reheat pink candy melts, adding more as needed. Use the pastry bag to pipe a swirl in a tight circle on top of each pink cake pop (with and without sticks) to resemble a rose bud. Set cake pops with sticks in the stand to dry. Set cake pops without sticks on the rack to dry.
- Use craft glue to glue one candlestick to the bottom of the dinner plate to form a large pedestal. Glue the other candlestick to the bottom of the soup bowl to form a smaller pedestal. Let both dry.
- Place the small pedestal on top of the large pedestal. Place the sugar bowl on top of the small pedestal. If necessary for stability, glue everything together. Decoratively arrange tulle over the bottom two pedestal layers.
- Measure the dimensions of the sugar bowl and trim the Styrofoam to fit snugly and be about 1 inch (2.5 cm) shorter than the bowl. Place Styrofoam in the bowl.
- Cut ribbon into twelve 7-inch (17.5 cm) lengths (there will be ribbon left over). Tie a bow around each cake pop stick. Slide bows up to just below cake pops. Push the cake pop sticks into the Styrofoam, arranging the roses at different heights. Fill in around cake pops with small pieces of tulle, hiding the Styrofoam.
- Arrange the cake pops without sticks in the tulle on the middle and bottom layers. Cut the remaining ribbon into 8-inch (20 cm) lengths and tie small bows with long tails. Arrange the bows next to the cake pops so that the ribbon flows off the plates. Drape pearl strings around the cake pops on the bottom two layers.